If your answer to fat loss has been persistent dieting, trying one fad after another.
Then Please stop now!
Dieting this way slows down your metabolism. Why? Because you’re body is always in state of confusion and sometimes starvation. This ushers the body Physiologically feeling the need to keep that unwanted body fat all of us have.
If you want to get rid of those unwanted pounds, then make it important to eat every few hours.
BUT remember to not eat too close to bedtime (At least 3 hours before). By not eating small frequent meals every three hours your metabolism slows down. This is because of the huge meal you just ate when you felt ‘starved’ after work, and your body will take hours upon hours digesting.
More often than not this type of starvation results in overeating at your next meal, again, and again, and again. The goal of healthy eating is to STOP this bad cycle.
But it is part of the solution, it’s also really essential, that you eat the right types of foods to fuel your body.
The following are some of my tips that I have learned over the years to aid in weight/fat loss and healthy eating habits.
• Build your meals around a lean protein source. Protein is the building block behind muscle.
The more muscle you have on your body the less body fat you will have!
• Eat three regular meals a day and two snacks. Try to schedule your meals at fairly regular times. This keeps your blood sugar steady, so that you’re less vulnerable to cravings.
• Modify your intake of starchy carbohydrates or complex carbs (white rice, potatoes, cereal etc.) to one serving a day and make it early in the day also. These carbohydrates are used to fuel your body.
When they are not used they will be stored in your body as fat!
• Eat two servings of fresh fruit. Stick to eating berries since they are lower in carbohydrates and sugar.
• Eat two servings of low-fat dairy foods daily. Many times dairy products are completely left out and the all important calcium is lost! The lack of calcium leads to bone loss and osteoporosis.
• Choose healthy fats such as olive oil or nuts. One serving a day is suffice.
• Drink plenty of water. Your goal should be 1.5-2 litres, Yes 1.5-2 litres of water per day.
• Plan your grocery list and record what you eat on a daily basis.
My last recommendation might just be the most important one out of all of them. That is because if you really want successful and lasting weight/Fat loss, IS TO – WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN!!
This will make the biggest difference because it will keep you accountable to what you are eating. And that my friend is what makes it work, every single time.
Now what’s important is for you to understand that the good news. You only have to keep a journal for 5-6 days of the week. The other days, or preferably ‘cheat day’ will be a free one. That is the day for you to have fun on those cheat days but don’t go mad and eat and eat all the fried food and cakes, else the good days will mean absolute nothing, so keep it within reason.
With these guidelines for realistic Weight/Fat loss solutions for men and women it will be a great starting point.
My goal with this article was to give some very practical down to earth recommendations that should be easily remembered. Plan to use a notebook or some scratch paper and you will be all set to begin.
Remember the goal is to stop the pattern of overeating and instead eat smaller more frequent meals to increase the efficiency of your metabolism.
So make that happen, and let’s start hearing about those success stories.
Also Before I Finish I’d Just like to announce that I have gathered up the past 12 weeks of 30 minute workouts into 1 ebook pdf.
This will be available Free to all my new clients…
Plus anyone that contacts me directly..
In this ebook there are the 12 weeks worth of FREE workouts, PLUS extra nutrition and fitness tips that is not in my other FREE ebook
’20 Fat touching Tips Tricks and Techniques’
In the meantime if you could hit the Like button I’d really appreciate it
Also Feel free to LIKE us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/TheTrainersEdge.Exeter
That’s all for now..
KMF ” Keep moving Forward’